About North Coast Church
MAKING DISCIPLES IN A HEALTHY CHURCH ENVIRONMENT
We are a Bible teaching church and would love to help you grow. We offer over 50 worship options on multiple campuses, each with a different worship style and ambiance. Each weekend, regardless of campus or service time you choose, you will hear the same message presented by one of the pastors on our teaching team.
Being taught the Word of God on a regular basis is essential to growing in your Christian walk. Learn about what we believe.
ONE CHURCH, MANY LOCATIONS
North Coast Church has multiple campuses in the North San Diego County. In addition, there are several alternate locations where you can watch the weekly message on video and fellowship with others.
The largest campus is located in Vista. Instead of a single large sanctuary, the 40-acre campus features four separate worship venues, all of which feature the same sermon but differ in atmosphere, music and feel.
All North Coast campuses also offer multiple service times, full children’s programs, youth programs, a campus pastor and the same sermon broadcast on a huge video screen (think movie theater), each with their own unique feel.
We believe spiritual growth flows out of two basic commitments: a commitment to God and the Bible and a commitment to significant Christian relationships.
We offer Life Groups as a way to enter into these two important commitments. These groups meet weekly for 10 weeks at a time and are offered three times a year – fall, winter and spring.
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The Human Condition
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus-Israel’s promised Messiah-was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
The Work of Christ
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
The Holy Spirit
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
7. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God’s grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.
8. We believe that God’s justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
9. We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Response and Eternal Destiny
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace.
–EFCA Statement of Faith adopted in 2008
Chris Brown has served as a Senior Pastor and Teaching Pastor at North Coast Church since 2004. Prior to that, he was the Campus Pastor at Azusa Pacific University, and then a Youth Pastor in the LA area.
As a gifted storyteller and Bible teacher he loves to use his sense of humor and motivational style to help people truly experience all the grace and mercy that they have been given in order to fall more in love with Jesus. His life work and ambition is to use his unique gifts and personality to equip people to follow Jesus while building healthy and highly productive teams that serve the local church.
Chris lives in Oceanside with his wife Amy and their three children, and tries to fish as much as his schedule will allow.
Larry Osborne served as the lead and then co-senior pastor at North Coast Church from 1980 to 2019. He currently serves as a Teaching Pastor and Kingdom Ambassador mentoring pastors and church leaders around the nation.
His discipleship books include Thriving in Babylon, Accidental Pharisees, A Contrarian’s Guide to Knowing God, and 10 Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe. His leadership books include Sticky Teams, Sticky Church, Sticky Leaders, Mission Creep, The Unity Factor and Lead Like a Shepherd.
Connect with Pastor Larry