Our Memorial and Bereavement Ministry is available to you anytime you have experienced the loss of a loved one. We are here to provide as much care for you and your family as you need. If you have come to this page, you may have just experienced the hardest day of your life and our ministry is here to support you.
The shock from the loss a loved one is full of profound sadness and despair. This can lead to making pressured decisions on what to do next. Let us help you. Our ministry team is available to walk you through necessary steps. Those steps could include prayer support, finding local resources from cremation to burial, planning private memorial services, graveside services or a Celebration of Life, our ministry can help make those steps and decisions bearable. You do not have to do this alone.
Some of the services that we offer:
- Pre-planning a memorial service: There are those who wish to pre-plan their memorial service with us. We will provide a visit with your loved one to discuss their wishes for the service.
- Prayer Support: If you have a loved one who needs pastoral prayer and support, we can arrange a pastoral visit with your loved one and/or family. These visits can happen at the time of diagnosis, at the time of hospitalization or passing.
- Planning a memorial service/celebration of life: We can host a service at our campuses*, or we can travel to your selected site. We work with all the local mortuaries and cemeteries. If you would like to host a service with us, we will provide service programs , a legacy DVD, a worship leader, a pastor to host the service and staff to work during the service.
- Graveside services: If your family prefers graveside services only, we can offer a pastor to host at the cemetery. We can provide the same services such as a service program, legacy DVD, and worship leader.
- Grief Group: We have a weekly Grief group that offers peer-to-peer support. It is led by a clinician who provides group assistance for the newly bereaved to those who need support in creating a new normal after a loss. Resources for individual support is also available.
This group meets on Fridays from 10:00-11:00 currently through Zoom.
Please contact Susan Trueblood for any of these services, 760-724-6700 ext 149 or [email protected].