The Book of James:
The Tongue: Small But Deadly
July 19-20, 2014
Never use the excuse “everyone else says it.”
Our character is measured by our words
If we control our words, we’ll control our destiny.
Words hold the power of both good and evil.
Admit you need help.
Pray daily about it.
Don’t excuse it.
Confess it and move on.
Tips for smart texting:
• Think before you respond.
• If you can’t say it in front of your spouse, don’t text it.
• If you can’t read it out loud in church, don’t text it.
• If it would make your mom cry, don’t text it.
• Don’t say through media what you wouldn’t say in person.
• Words have both a when and a where.
• Don’t drink and drive & don’t text angry.