NORTH COAST CHURCH’S DESERT RAT 2020: January 24-26
COST: $70 adult, $50 for 18 yrs old and under
Registration includes 4 Refuel Messages/Sessions around the fire pit, two breakfasts & a MAN Dinner, a Desert Rat T-shirt, Desert Swag Prizes, and an Epic Weekend!
We are looking forward to a great weekend in the desert!
Please look below for the details about the location, schedule and what to bring.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22 AT 3PM
To guarantee a Drat T-shirt register by January 15.
Questions about registration, email Lori at email@example.com.
You can count on three hot meals with lots of meat and some short worthy messages that will get you pumped about being a Real Man at Desert Rat!
We will not be providing any vehicles, bikes or lodging.
You don’t need to know anyone to come. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
DESERT RAT IMPACT: We’re about more than just fun in the desert! Each year we hold a raffle to impact our community. Last year we raised over $6,000 for the Women’s Resource Center who provides support to families threatened by domestic violence or sexual assault – and this year we hope to raise even more for this great organization. Raffle tickets are only $5 and will be on sale at the event. Prizes will be amazing as always and will include Desert Rat swag, and yes – for the fourth year in a row – a motorcycle and much more!
Need Some Gear?
Once again RideNow SoCal (formerly North County House of Motorcycles) and NCY-Motorsports has set us up with a 20% discount on parts and accessories (does not include labor or unit purchase). Just say “North Coast Church Desert Rat” when you make a purchase along with a huge “Thank You!”
*discount ends 2/1/20
Our Base Camp is located in Ocotillo Wells area across the road at County Line Road turn off.
Getting to Ocotillo Wells:
- Take Hwy 15 North
- Exit and turn right on Hwy 76 East (you will pass Lake Henshaw on your left).
- Turn left on 79 North
- Turn right on S2 (S2 ends at Hwy 78)
- Turn left on Hwy 78 to Ocotillo Wells SVRA
Getting to Desert Rat Campsite:
DESERT RAT BASE CAMP / COUNTY LINE RANCH
As you enter Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Area going east on Hwy 78…
- Drive 3.1 miles past Split Mountain Road to County Line Road (if you see the Blue Inn turn around, you went too far).
- Turn right and enter by driving between two cut-off telephone poles on dirt road and follow signs to base camp approx .03 miles. County Line Road will be on the left.
- Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/NiTBCFXSqcq
- Coordinates: 33°07’40.4″N 116°04’55.6″W
- You are responsible to know and follow the rules and regulations at Ocotillo Wells SVRA as they relate to vehicle registration, speed, lights, mufflers, firearms, fireworks, fires, parental supervision and helmets. You can get further details at http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1234
- The Desert Rat Experience is an alcohol free event.
- Don’t bring firearms or fireworks; we are keeping it all legal.
- We will set up a “no-ride zone” in our camping area.
- Other than that, keep it safe and fun.
Note – this schedule will give you an idea of what we will be doing. It may change a little. We are intentionally keeping things pretty unstructured so you can ride as much as you want.
Friday, January 24
5:00-8:00pm Scheduled Arrival Time
5:00-8:00 Check in / Registration
9:00 Orientation/Refuel Meeting #1
10:00 Campfire, food
Saturday, January 25
7:00am Fire going and coffee on
9:00 Morning Refuel Meeting #2
7:00 Award Presentation/Refuel Meeting #3
8:00 Campfire, food
Sunday, January 26
7:30am Fire going, coffee on
8:30 Wrap up Refuel Meeting #4
10:00 Program ends – clean up
What to Bring:
- Everything you need to live in the desert for a couple days (tent, trailer, sleeping bag, camping gear, etc…) We will not be providing any lodging, equipment or vehicles.
- Appropriate gear and clothing for daytime heat and nighttime cold. (The desert can hit temperature extremes in either direction and wind and rain are always possibilities).
- Fuel and tools (closest gas is on Highway 86 at Salton City – 25 miles.)
- Food, water and beverages for the weekend. We will provide breakfast and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Bring your own lunches and snacks.
- Any safety or recovery equipment you would normally bring to the desert
- GPS or compass
- CB or two way radio to communicate with other vehicles
- Cell Phone