We are collecting useful information for those who want to help as well as those needing help. If you know about additional resources, please email email@example.com.
Click on a category below:
Donate online to support North Coast Church ministries that are committed to serving our church and our community.
Meals for homeless shelters are still needed. North Coast partners with Bread of Life and Operation Hope year-round. Provide a meal, pay for a meal to be delivered, or make a donation to help with future meals.
Many of our partners are in great need. These are a few ways you can help.
550 West Washington Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
- Sack Lunch Donations
Sack lunches can be made at Interfaith’s kitchen or prepared via instructions online. If interested in using the kitchen, contact, Micki Hickox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food/Supplies Donations
Drop off food and supplies at Interfaith Escondido which will benefit people currently homeless and served by Interfaith Community Services and Haven House Year-Round Shelter.
- Toiletry Kit Donations
Create a toiletry kit for people who come seeking help at Interfaith.
- Blanket Donations
Used or new blankets can be dropped off at Interfaith Escondido.
Call (760) 489-6380 to schedule drop off time.
5731 Palmer Way, Suite A. Carlsbad, CA 92010
- Sack Lunch Donations
Most of Interfaith Carlsbad clients come from “La Posada,” a shelter for homeless men and farm workers in the area.
Serving Opportunities at Interfaith Community Services
550 W. Washington Ave. Escondido, CA 92025
Must CURRENTLY be under the age of 65 and in good health
If interested any of the opportunities below, please reach out to Ilona Beyer, Faith Relations Manager to schedule a time by calling (760) 658-0672 or emailing email@example.com.
Package EMERGENCY Food Kits
- This will take place at the Interfaith Community Services Warehouse in Escondido (You will NOT be in contact with any clients during this time.)
- You will prepare meal kits for clients in need.
(Will be delivered to the individuals by their Case Managers.)
- Available times to serve are: 11am-2pm
Build EMERGENCY Sack Lunches
- Interfaith Pantry will be open for use Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Build and DELIVER Sack Lunches
- You can build the sack lunches where you feel most comfortable
- In the sack lunches, please include a sandwich, water bottle/juice box, snack bar, and fruit!
- Daily Delivery 9am-4pm, at Interfaith’s Pantry, 550 W. Washington Ave. Escondido
Foundation for Senior Care (FSC) are providing emergency grocery delivery for seniors 65+, disabled and immune compromised individuals. Help is needed to pack food, deliver food or make homemade cards to provide encouragement.
For families who participated in the San Diego Food Bank Backpack Food distribution program, these will continue to be available at the school sites.
- 1445 Engineer St., #110 Vista, CA 92081
- M-F, 7am-4pm
- 9850 Distribution Ave., San Diego, CA 92121
- M-F, 8am-5pm
Boxes of food provided on a first come, first serve basis. If one has not received groceries from them in the past, arrive by 9am for registration. Must have a valid address.
- Bread of Life: 1919 Apple St., Oceanside, CA 92054
Mon- Wed, 9am-11:45am
- Bagged meals available daily. Open to the public. No breakfast served currently.
- 550 W Washington, Ste. B., Escondido, CA 92025
- Carlsbad Service Center offers food and assistance.
- Please call (760) 448-5696
- 5731 Palmer Way, Suite A, Carlsbad, CA 92010
- Any new clients will be treated as an “emergency” and will be able to receive food with just and ID.
- M-F, 9:30am -12:30am
- 140 N. Brandon Road
- For more info on their programs, visit their website.
Volunteers welcome to help, call 760-728-7608
- 773 Main St. Ramona, CA 92065
- Food and emergency services hours M-F, 9:30am-4:00pm
To see if you qualify for the program, dial 2-1-1 on your phone to reach the county’s social services information hotline. If you qualify for the program, the 2-1-1 operator will give you the location of your nearest food distribution site based on your zip code. You can also contact the Food Bank’s toll free number at 1-866-350-FOOD (3663). SanDiegoFoodBank.org. Primarily canned foods.
Monthly emergency food assistance consisting of a 2 to 3-day supply.
- Intake: 8:00 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Application necessary but no residency requirements.
- Community Resource Center, 650 2nd St., Encinitas, CA 92024
- (760) 753-8300
- More Info
The North County Food Bank offers individuals and families in need of food assistance access to our onsite Client-Choice Food Pantry. The pantry is set up like a standard grocery-store with refrigeration, produce stands and shelving, which are managed and restocked by Food Bank staff and volunteers.
Many stores are designating specific hours for seniors, disabled or immune compromised shoppers to access these services in a less crowded environment.
Here are a few…
- Albertsons & Vons: From 7 to 9am on Tuesday and Thursday for vulnerable shoppers, including senior citizens, pregnant women or those with compromised immune systems.
- Costco: 8 – 9am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays, seniors 60+, disabled/handi-capeable.
- Dollar General: 1st hour every day.
- Frazier Farms: 8am to help our elderly (65+), disabled and immune compromised community.
- Ralphs: 6 -7:30am daily, open to seniors 60+
- Smart & Final: 7:30am – 8am, seniors 65+, disabled/handi-capable
- Stater Bros: 7 – 8am, open to seniors 65+, disabled/handi-capable
- Target: Wednesdays only, 8am – 9am, open to seniors 65+, those with medical conditions
- Walmart: 1st hour every Tuesday until April 28 for customers 60 and older.
- Whole Foods Market: 1st hour every Wednesday for customers 60 and older.
- WINCO: Temporary special shopping hour for Seniors (60+), vulnerable populations and WinCo Employee Owners from 6 to 7:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please observe social distancing guidelines.
Emergency Food Assistance Program – for seniors, 60 yrs. or older – Carlsbad
Intake Hours of Operation for those that meet low income guidelines, 1pm-2pm, Second Monday of the Month. Must apply in person at a distribution site near residence. Call 866-350-3663
- 3368 Eureka Pl. Carlsbad, CA 92008
San Diego Food Bank – Senior Food Program – Carlsbad
50 distribution sites throughout North County. Proof of residency. Photo ID. Food packages for 60+yrs.
- 3368 Eureka Pl., Carlsbad, CA 92008
- 1-2pm, 2nd Monday of the month
- More info
Foundation for Senior Care – Fallbrook
Foundation for Senior Care (FSC) are providing emergency grocery delivery for seniors 65+, disabled and immune compromised individuals. Contact: Theresa Geracitano, 760-723-7570, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meal Service for Oceanside Residents:
Oceanside residents ages 60+ can arrange for meal delivery through “Serving Seniors” by calling (760) 435-5285. There are also new food distribution resources for all in need listed on the Oceanside City COVID-19 webpage.
Lunch Services for Carlsbad Residents:
Ages 60yrs+ may sign up for the city’s lunch program, which provides nutritious meals Monday through Friday. Seniors are encouraged to do a drive by and pick up if they are able, without passengers to avoid potential COVID-19 spread.
Hours 11am- noon. Please do not come earlier than 11am. The city can also deliver meals to those who cannot pick them up. Call (760) 602-4655 to leave a message for a pick-up reservation or to request a meal delivery.
Lunch Services for Vista Residents:
The McClellan Senior Center is offering lunch service via curbside pick-up or delivery.
Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays, reservations are encouraged. Delivery is available to Vista residents upon request.
Transportation for medical and grocery purposes is also available. The existing home-delivery meal program will not experience an interruption in service at this time.
Questions or to make a lunch reservation, call the McClellan Senior Center at (760) 643-5288 weekdays 8am – 3:30pm.
If you’re unable to work because you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), you can file a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim. PFL provides up to six weeks of benefit payments to eligible workers who have a full or partial loss of wages because they need time off work to care for a seriously ill family member or to bond with a new child. Benefit amounts are approximately 60-70 percent of wages (depending on income) and range from $50-$1,300 a week. If you are eligible, the EDD processes and issues payments within a few weeks of receiving a claim.