We are collecting useful information for those who want to help as well as those needing help. If you know about additional resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The San Diego County Office of Education has a comprehensive list of all schools with food distribution centers.
For families who participated in the San Diego Food Bank Backpack Food distribution program, these will continue to be available at the school sites.
- 1445 Engineer St., #110 Vista, CA 92081
- M-F, 7am-4pm
- 9850 Distribution Ave., San Diego, CA 92121
- M-F, 8am-5pm
Boxes of food provided on a first come, first serve basis. If one has not received groceries from them in the past, arrive by 9am for registration. Must have a valid address.
- Bread of Life: 1919 Apple St., Oceanside, CA 92054
Mon- Wed, 9am-11:45am
- Bagged meals available daily. Open to the public. No breakfast served currently.
- 550 W Washington, Ste. B., Escondido, CA 92025
- Carlsbad Service Center offers food and assistance.
- Please call (760) 448-5696
- 5731 Palmer Way, Suite A, Carlsbad, CA 92010
- Monetary Donations: Monetary donations stretch much further than food donations because the Pantry can buy food at a discounted rate.
- Food and Fruit Donations: Local families rely on The Food Pantry to provide them with food and you can make a difference.
- Pantry Volunteer
Help organize, stock and clean the pantry. Thursdays and Friday, 8:30am -1pm
- 773 Main St. Ramona, CA 92065
- Food and emergency services hours M-F, 9:30am-4:00pm
- Food Bank Pick Up: 9:30am-2pm, Tuesday – Thursday
To see if you qualify for the program, dial 2-1-1 on your phone to reach the county’s social services information hotline. If you qualify for the program, the 2-1-1 operator will give you the location of your nearest food distribution site based on your zip code. You can also contact the Food Bank’s toll free number at 1-866-350-FOOD (3663). SanDiegoFoodBank.org. Primarily canned foods.
Monthly emergency food assistance consisting of a 2 to 3-day supply.
- Intake: 8:00 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Application necessary but no residency requirements.
- Community Resource Center, 650 2nd St., Encinitas, CA 92024
- (760) 753-8300
- More Info
The North County Food Bank offers individuals and families in need of food assistance access to our onsite Client-Choice Food Pantry. The pantry is set up like a standard grocery-store with refrigeration, produce stands and shelving, which are managed and restocked by Food Bank staff and volunteers.
The following are Orange County locations where food is collected and distributed to those in need. Contact one of the following food banks to learn more about how you can receive the help you need, or learn more about existing donation and volunteer opportunities.
Los Angeles Food Bank Pantry Locator: Search the closest food pantry/bank in the Los Angeles area.
Hot meals are served and sack lunches are provided to the public six days a week at the Brother Benno Center at 3260 Production Avenue in Oceanside. Meals are served Monday through Friday, 6:30 to 8:00am, and Saturday, 10:00 to 11:30am Families with children, senior citizens, and the disabled are eligible to receive one or more family food boxes (depending on size of household) once a month. The food box consists of basic food staples to feed a family of four for three days and is intended to supplement the nutritional needs of low-income families.
Low-income families with children in the household, senior citizens over age 60 or the disabled may register for monthly food boxes. Documentation required includes proof of children’s age, seniors’ age, or government recognized disability. Food boxes are distributed to qualified individuals at the Brother Benno Center, on Production Avenue, Monday through Friday 6:30am to 10:45am.
3620 Production Ave., Oceanside, CA 92058
Please let us know how we can help during this isolation period. Call our senior hotline, (760) 330-9107.
We email our senior newsletter to our list of luncheon attendees. If you would like a copy to the newsletter, email Cathy and let her know if you want it by email or regular mail. email@example.com.
Many stores are designating specific hours for seniors, disabled or immune compromised shoppers to access these services in a less crowded environment.
Here are a few…
- Albertsons & Vons: From 7 to 9am on Tuesday and Thursday for vulnerable shoppers, including senior citizens, pregnant women or those with compromised immune systems.
- Costco: 8 – 9am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays, seniors 60+, disabled/handi-capeable.
- Dollar General: 1st hour every day.
- Frazier Farms: 8am to help our elderly (65+), disabled and immune compromised community.
- Ralphs: 6 -7:30am daily, open to seniors 60+
- Smart & Final: 7:30am – 8am, seniors 65+, disabled/handi-capable
- Stater Bros: 7 – 8am, open to seniors 65+, disabled/handi-capable
- Target: Wednesdays only, 8am – 9am, open to seniors 65+, those with medical conditions
- Walmart: 1st hour every Tuesday until April 28 for customers 60 and older.
- Whole Foods Market: 1st hour every Wednesday for customers 60 and older.
- WINCO: Temporary special shopping hour for Seniors (60+), vulnerable populations and WinCo Employee Owners from 6 to 7:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please observe social distancing guidelines.
Emergency Food Assistance Program – for seniors, 60 yrs. or older – Carlsbad
Intake Hours of Operation for those that meet low income guidelines, 1pm-2pm, Second Monday of the Month. Must apply in person at a distribution site near residence. Call 866-350-3663
- 3368 Eureka Pl. Carlsbad, CA 92008
San Diego Food Bank – Senior Food Program – Carlsbad
50 distribution sites throughout North County. Proof of residency. Photo ID. Food packages for 60+yrs.
- 3368 Eureka Pl., Carlsbad, CA 92008
- 1-2pm, 2nd Monday of the month
- More info
Foundation for Senior Care – Fallbrook
Foundation for Senior Care (FSC) are providing emergency grocery delivery for seniors 65+, disabled and immune compromised individuals. Contact: Theresa Geracitano, 760-723-7570, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meal Service for Oceanside Residents:
Oceanside residents ages 60+ can arrange for meal delivery through “Serving Seniors” by calling (760) 435-5285. There are also new food distribution resources for all in need listed on the Oceanside City COVID-19 webpage.
Lunch Services for Carlsbad Residents:
Ages 60yrs+ may sign up for the city’s lunch program, which provides nutritious meals Monday through Friday. Seniors are encouraged to do a drive by and pick up if they are able, without passengers to avoid potential COVID-19 spread.
Hours 11am- noon. Please do not come earlier than 11am. The city can also deliver meals to those who cannot pick them up. Call (760) 602-4655 to leave a message for a pick-up reservation or to request a meal delivery.
Lunch Services for Vista Residents:
The McClellan Senior Center is offering lunch service via curbside pick-up or delivery.
Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays, reservations are encouraged. Delivery is available to Vista residents upon request.
Transportation for medical and grocery purposes is also available. The existing home-delivery meal program will not experience an interruption in service at this time.
Questions or to make a lunch reservation, call the McClellan Senior Center at (760) 643-5288 weekdays 8am – 3:30pm.
If you’re unable to work because you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), you can file a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim. PFL provides up to six weeks of benefit payments to eligible workers who have a full or partial loss of wages because they need time off work to care for a seriously ill family member or to bond with a new child. Benefit amounts are approximately 60-70 percent of wages (depending on income) and range from $50-$1,300 a week. If you are eligible, the EDD processes and issues payments within a few weeks of receiving a claim.
Services offered to seniors and others under 65yrs that are in need of getting everyday necessities. Services include grocery shopping, grocery delivery, household needs and pet needs.
All employees wear masks, wash hands and use sanitizer. Call with questions. Phone is answered ANYTIME 24 hours 7 days a week. Ph: 760-639-6472.