Dave Slottje works under East West Ministries International (www.eastwest.org) as the Theological Education by Extension Instructor at large. He trains and equips Indian Nationals to develop Rapid Church Planting Movements throughuot the NE parts of India, and then through extension, teach deeper bibilcal and practical leadership concepts.
What does that mean, you ask? It means they are trying to develop house-church movements, much like North Coast Growth Groups, throughout South India. Dave makes four trips per year to India spending 3-4 weeks doing intensive training.
For the latest news and info on the Slottje's ministry, please visit their Web site>>>
- Every 2.5 seconds an Indian dies; that's 38,000 every day! (Most have never heard the Good News).
- 50,000 are born daily!
- The country with the most unreached people-groups (UPG's) is India.
- India boasts of 2600 major languages.
- Hindu and Buddhists leaders more and more are making it difficult to propagate the gospel.
- For over 125 years Westerners have crippled India; they become dependent on dollars.
- The Indian church has become entrenched in tradition, copying the weaknesses of the Western church.
Our training acts like a filter; we are looking for men/women who have a passion for the lost of India. Like the Apostle Paul, we look to develop a movement guided by the Holy Spirit. Paul was saved as an adult, took three missionary journeys, died a martyr, and at the end of Romans 15 stated, "I have finished the task; I have proclaimed the gospel from here (Jerusalem) to Illyricum, and there is no place left for me to go." He went first synagogue to synagogue, house to house, village to village, and finally region to region. There is no way that Paul reached all those people alone; but the gospel went to 25 million people! Please pray that the Holy Spirit will empower Indian nationals to reach India.
- Partners to share the prayer needs.
- Partners to share the financial needs.
- Partners to come to India.
- Partners to send supplies (used computers,cameras, projectors and MP3s).
We thank God for the privilege of being able to serve in India. Please pray for India.
All financial contributions can be mailed to North Coast Church or dropped off in any offering bucket during weekend services. If writing a check, please make it out to "North Coast Church" with "Missions: Slottje" on the memo line. All cash contribution should be put in an envelope with "Missions: Slottje" written on it.